Through MAIA, you can offer your clients the RLI stand-alone Personal Umbrella Liability Policy. It gives your clients an additional layer of liability insurance protection above their underlying coverages. Consumers often wrongfully assume that their auto or home insurance will provide all the liability protection they need. The reality is that jury awards in personal liability lawsuits are unpredictable and often exceed limits carried by insureds or maximum limits written by many companies.
Some highlights include:
• $1 million, $2 million, $3 million, and $5 million liability limits.
• Broad underwriting guidelines allow the insured to easily qualify for the program.
• The application* is self-underwriting, so you know as soon as you complete the form whether your clients qualify for coverage.
• Competitive premiums are offered for all coverage limits to keep RLI’s umbrella insurance coverage affordable.
• The insured can maintain their underlying coverage with whatever insurance company they choose, provided they agree to maintain the mandatory minimum underlying coverage limits.
How Do I Get An RLI personal Umbrella Policy?
Obtaining an RLI personal umbrella policy is very simple! This application* can now be completed on-line at www.rlicorp.com, however, it must still be printed and signed by the insured. To complete an application* on-line, contact Jamie Eads at MAIA at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your ID and password to log-on to the RLI portal. Or you can click on the following link to print an application*.
• Complete application:
*Online Application: click here to log-in and begin completing the application
NOTE: Please remember that the application still needs to be signed by the insured and there is no provision for an electronic signature at this point.
• If you would like a preliminary quote, complete the application* and check the appropriate rate sheet:
Online PUP Guest Quoter : this will take you right to the online quoting system.
NOTE: There are 2 different rate sheets. One is for applications with underlying automobile limits of anything greater than 100/300, and the second is for those with 100/300 only.
• Once you have printed and completed the application*, verify that the insured qualifies for a policy. (The application is self-explanatory.)
• The application* must be signed by a licensed Missouri broker.
• Mail the application with payment to: Agents Marketing Corporation, P. O. Box 1806, Jefferson City, MO 65102-1806.
Why RLI? Personal Umbrella Policy scenarios flyer
PDF Personal Umbrella Brochure that can be filled with your agency information
Sample Solicitation Letter for a Personal Umbrella Client
For more information:
Contact Jamie Eads at MAIA's Insurance Department, 800-617-3658 or email@example.com.