HOME     IIABA     Big I Markets     InsurBanc     Virtual University     Trusted Choice     InVEST  
Independent Insurance Agents Association<br/>of Montana, Inc.
Independent Insurance Agents Association
of Montana, Inc.
    remember user id 
Forgot username or password?
Friday, 12/19/2014email print


Prelicensing Requirements
Passing grade on the licensing exam. The Montana Insurance Department has contracted with Pearson VUE to administer the license exams. For the examination requirements or questions contact Promissor at (800) 274-8906 or visit their website. For additional licensing information, please contact the Montana Insurance Department at (406) 444-2040, or visit their website http://sao.mt.gov.

License Renewal Requirments
Every producer, consultant and adjuster license will be issued with a Lapse Date printed on the license. The Lapse Date will be determined by using the licensees' date of birth. The Lapse Date will be the first day of the licensees' birth month in odd or even numbered years corresponding to the licensees' birth year.

ex: A licensee with a 3/24/1957 birth date will have a Lapse Date of 3/1/2005.
ex: A licensee with a 3/24/1958 birth date will have a Lapse Date of 3/1/2006.

Producers, consultants and adjusters must submit their license renewal before the lapse date printed on their license, and are encouraged to submit their reporting materials to the Insurance Department well in advance (30 days) of their lapse date in order to provide Insurance Department staff adequate time to process and reissue the new license. Or you can report your CE hours online.

Continuing Education Requirements
All licensees other than limited lines credit insurance producers must complete 24 credit hours of continuing education and file certification of continuing education by that date or the insurance licensure will lapse. Limited lines credit insurance producers must complete 5 hours of continuing education credit by that date.

The continuing education compliance period will be the two (2) year period between license renewal dates.

Once during every two-year period, each licensee must complete: 
- a minimum of 1 approved credit hour of changes in Montana insurance statutes and administrative rules
- 3 hours of Ethics continuing education (beginning with 2010 license renewals)
Questions? Contact the Montana Insurance Department at (406) 444-2040.


Individual License Renewal    
Use this form if you have a resident consultant, adjuster or surplus lines license or any non-resident license. Please read form instructions carefully.

Resident Producer License Reinstatement Form
Use this form only when your resident producer license has lapsed due to non-compliance with CE requirements. Always contact the State of Montana Department of Insurance to determine any other actions needed to reinstate your license. 

Resident or Non Resident Business Entity License

Serving the People of Montana since 1932. If you pass us by, we both lose!

Independent Insurance Agents Association of Montana, Inc.
3131 Dredge Drive · Helena, MT 59602
Tel: 406-442-9555  ·  Fax: 406-442-8263

Privacy Policy     Terms of Use     Site Map