Help the Young Agents Council support YAC Gives Back, a new charitable initiative to benefit displaced pets from Superstorm Sandy. Click here for more details.
Participating in IIABNJ's Young Agents Council (YAC) can be a vital and valuable way for individuals to start and maintain a sucessful career as an independent agent.
The New Jersey Young Agents Council was founded in 1974 as a way for agents under the age of 40 to break into a seemingly veteran industry. YAC members not only build strong and lasting friendships with their peers, but have the change to enjoy an array of benefits, including:
- Statewide networking with other young professionals.
- Participation in charitable and social events.
- Strategic planning, personal growth, and leadership opportunities.
- Access to educational scholarships.
- Tools and resources to begin, or continue, a prosperous career.
By joining YAC, individuals become a part of a close-knit group that encourages young agents to:
- Stay informed of changes in the industry and understand how to implement these changes in the overall independent system.
- Enhance the image of the independent system and IIABNJ.
- Participate in activities, and become involved, to shape the future of the independent system and the association.
For an upcoming list of YAC Events, visit our Events Calendar.
Back to the Top
IIABNJ members who are under the age of 40 are welcome to join YAC. There is no fee to participate.
Interested in learning more about the Young Agents Council? Join one of the upcoming YAC events, or contact Jennifer Kacmarsky, IIABNJ's YAC liaison for details.
The Young Agents Council will promote involvement of young insurance agents in the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of New Jersey, industry activities, the political process, and local communities. The Young Agents Council will develop leadership qualities and act as a source of information to the insurance community to:
- Support right principals and sound practices of the business of insurance.
- Aid in the basic and continuing education of young agents in all aspects of the insurance business.
- Encourage, support, and assist young people to enter into the insurance field as independent agents.
- Develop programs to increase awareness of young agent involvement in the industry.
Back to the Top
If you have any comments or questions regarding the Young Agents Council, please contact IIABNJ at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-587-4333.