HOME     IIABA     Big I Markets     Career Center     InsurBanc     Virtual University     Virginia Bureau of Insurance     Trusted Choice     InVEST  
Independent Insurance Agents of Virginia, Inc.
Independent Insurance Agents of Virginia, Inc.
    remember user id 
Forgot username or password?
Friday, 04/18/2014email print

EDUCATION / PRE-LICENSING_____________________________________________________________________________


Questions?  Please contact Kristina at (804) 747-9300 or 1-800-288-4428.
Life, Health and
Property & Casualty
Self Study, Online Video
Training and more!
$25 - IIAV Members
$35 - Non-Members

Quick Links:
CE Requirements (VA)

Designation Certification
E&O Classes
Ethics / Laws & Regs

New Employee Training
Online / Self Study

Career Opportunity Board
IIAV Guide to Insurance Training

Important Information:
- Exam Registration Form
- Guidelines for Obtaining VA Resident & Non-Resident License
- Rules for What a Licensed & Unlicensed Person Can Do
- Agency Certificate of Authority (see note below) *
- Consultants License Instructions
- Surplus Lines Instructions
- Surplus Lines Bond Form
- Surplus Bond Regulation
- Virginia Bail Laws

Quick and easy electronic license and renewal application services,
in ALL 50 States!  Instant approval notifications, getting you licensed faster!

- Individual P&C License
- Life License
- Health License
- Personal Lines License
- Agency License
- Consultants License
- Surplus Lines Broker License
- Limited Lines
- and more

Receive a 10% discount on online license applications and
renewal transaction fees (not applicable to state fees).

* Virginia requires agencies to be licensed:
  • If you are a non-resident agent and are a “sole proprietorship” non-resident agency licensing is not required. All other agencies must file an application for agency license $15, and a Certificate of Authority to Transact Business in Virginia – along with a $75 entrance and filing fee. In this case, the out of state corporation must also have a Virginia registered agent (IIAV's attorney does this for IIABA members gratis). The “Certificate of Authority” is not unique to the insurance industry. It is required for ANY out of state corporation doing business in Virginia.
Here are the NORTH CAROLINA statutes governing business entity license; as you will see
licensure is not required if a sole proprietorship but if corporation etc, licensure is required.


Independent Insurance Agents of Virginia, Inc.

8600 Mayland Drive
Richmond, VA 23294
1-800-288-4428 / 804-747-9300

804-747-6557 (fax)

Directions to IIAV

To view certain documents on our website, you need to use Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Click HERE for a free download.

Copyright © 2014; Independent Insurance Agents of Virginia, Inc.
All rights reserved.  No portion of this site may be reproduced
in any manner without the prior written consent of IIAV.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Use     Site Map